Our popular Check-Up • Train-Up • Tune-Up program is designed to help you maximize the investments you’ve already made. If you’re having problems with your existing system, or if you just want to learn how to optimize the technology you already own, we can help.
Each of these unique and affordable flat-rate services includes a phone consultation and an on-site meeting with our technicians.
Feedback, drop-outs and poor sound quality can interfere with an amazing worship experience. These problems become especially frustrating when you’ve spent thousands on audio equipment and it’s not working properly.
What to do? Thankfully, many common problems can be easily diagnosed and fixed. Before you invest more in expensive consultants, contractors or additional equipment, call us for a Check-Up. Our technicians will come to your church, evaluate your equipment, and run some tests. We’ll fix whatever we can during our visit. If we can’t eliminate your problems right away, we’ll propose a comprehensive treatment plan.
Think of it like a house call from your doctor – a Check-Up from Church Audio Video puts your sound system on the road to recovery.
- Snap, crackle, pop, static and hum
- Occasional or constant feedback
- Wireless microphone drop-outs
- Less-than-desirable sound quality
What to Expect
- Phone/email assessment to determine potential issues
- One hour of on-site troubleshooting by an experienced Church Audio Video technician
- In many cases, on-the-spot correction of common problems
- If additional services are necessary, you will receive a clear written diagnosis along with an estimate for correction on a subsequent service call, and $50 of the Check-Up fee will be applied to any additional labor charges.
Modern audio technology is light years ahead of where it was even 10 years ago, and it’s becoming more sophisticated every day. A solid grasp on the principles of mixing, acoustics and signal flow is essential to properly run even the most basic sound systems, and ongoing education is needed to master the newer, more advanced concepts.
You’ve invested thousands in audio equipment – now it’s time to make sure your tech team has the knowledge and confidence to operate it correctly. Start by scheduling an on-site Train-Up session with Church Audio Video. We’ll educate your team on the fundamentals of church sound systems, and then train you at your facility on your equipment. If your team already knows the basics, we can help advanced users learn how to configure and use a specific piece of gear, like a digital console or networked DSP processor. Our technicians are well-versed in the latest innovations from over over 400 top brands.
Sophisticated equipment isn’t enough – proper understanding is the key to maximizing its potential. Trained and confident system operators can make all the difference in the sounds of your facility.
- Signal drops or other problems during your services that are due to operator error
- Volunteers operating your sound system that may have some experience running sound, but no professional training
- New equipment that nobody knows how to operate nor has the time to research
- Constant turnover on your tech team
What to Expect
- Phone/email assessment of your current configuration
- Classroom-style course for all system operators and at least 2 hours of hands-on personal training at your facility administered by a Church Audio Video technician
- Training curriculum documentation including textbook and other learning tools
- DVD recording of your customized training
Loudspeaker System OR Mixing Console Tune-Up Price: $400
Both Services: $750
Worship facilities are among the most diverse and challenging spaces for sound reinforcement. High ceilings, large reflective surfaces and oddly-shaped rooms increase the likelihood of echoes and reverberation, while improper equipment settings can cause unwanted noise, distortion and feedback. These distractions prevent your message from reaching every member of the congregation.
Proper configuration of even the most basic sound systems, along with effective acoustic treatment, can make a world of difference. A Tune-Up from Church Audio Video could be just what you need to correct these problems. We’ll use our state-of-the-art measurement system to evaluate the acoustics of your facility, check all interconnections and make necessary repairs, and then carefully adjust your equipment settings to maximize your system’s performance for both speech and music.
We now offer two versions of our Tune-Up service to help you exactly where you need it most. Choose between our Loudspeaker System Tune-Up or Mixing Console Tune-Up for $400, or both services together for $750.
Don’t have the processing? No problem. We will happily recommend several options for an affordable and reliable sound management processor, and our technicians will install and configure it during our visit for no additional charge.
- Unnatural sound or unintelligible speech
- Echoes and unpleasant reverberation
- Continuing problems with feedback, distortion, static and dropouts
- Uneven gain structures, extreme EQ adjustments, or disproportionate channel settings on your mixer
What to Expect
- Initial phone/email assessment of your current configuration
- On-site analysis of your facility’s acoustics and loudspeaker response and/or mixing system problems
- A professional, experienced technician for up to 4 hours of on-site troubleshooting and repair to include line checks, cable integrity, mixer/processor/loudspeaker settings and wireless microphone programming (up to 6 hours if both services are chosen)
- If necessary, we will recommend:
- effective, affordable and aesthetically-appealing treatment materials to correct inherent acoustical problems
- loudspeaker DSP upgrades – we have several professional models to choose from starting at $375
Ready to get started?
Book An Appointment
Or contact us for more information.
Note: On-site service is limited to the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area.
If your facility is located outside the Metroplex, reduced travel rates will be negotiated.