Garden Grove Seventh Day Adventist Church – Garden Grove, CA
Garden Grove SDA is a multicultural and multi-congregational house of worship located in Garden Grove, CA. In addition to the church’s two services on Saturday mornings, three other congregations rent the facility for Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, and Sunday afternoon/evening services. Church Audio Video was hired to design and install a highly flexible yet simple-to-use sound system to accommodate the various congregations’ specific needs. Some services use a full instrumental combo with lead and ensemble vocalists, while others utilize an acoustic grand piano and traditional electronic organ. Spoken word clarity was also a major design consideration.
Objective: Install, program and tune a state-of-the-art centrally located line array loudspeaker system capable of 100+ dB SPL concert level full range frequency response in an 800 seat auditorium with a balcony. A 48-channel digital mixing console with multiple scene recall, a digital snake, 16 digital wireless microphone systems, and six separate monitor mixes were also an integral part of the system. Multiple digital recorders and playback devices were installed and seven additional distributed locations for translation, video recording, and overflow areas.
- Loudspeakers: An Electro Voice XLD line array system was installed and tuned consisting of (8) modules, (2) triple 12” subwoofers in a cardioid array, and (2) 18” subwoofers in the organ chambers for additional low frequency response. (2) EVU 2082/95 front fill loudspeakers were also employed. 34 channels of amplification were provided via EV CPS multichannel amplifiers using the EV Netmax DSP protocol.
- Monitors: Church Audio Video provided (6) Electro-Voice ZX series floor wedge monitors on 4 separate mixes and utilized (2) existing JBL choir monitors. Provisions were made for a soon-to-be-installed Elite Core PM16 16-channel personal monitoring mixing system for the worship leaders.
- Mixing Console: A digital mixing console capable of saving scenes and settings was needed for the numerous congregations’ use. A Yamaha M7CL-48ES with (2) DB168 16 x 8 digital snake modules located on either side of the stage/altar area were employed to provide 32 inputs and 16 outputs for mains and monitors. Extensive training was required for 18 operators representing each of the congregations. Training was provided by Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems’ training department.
- Microphones: Church Audio Video provided (16) Shure ULX-D digital wireless microphone systems consisting of bodypack transmitters with earset microphones and condenser capsule equipped handheld transmitters. The receivers are fed into (2) ART Tube Opto 8 8-channel tube preamplifiers for local volume control. The preamps provide ADAT outputs and are fed into the Yamaha console. Full power and antenna distribution are provided by (5) Shure UA844SWB, and all the receivers are networked with a Cisco switch, allowing immediate channel distribution to all 16 channels with a single scan.
Ash Creek Baptist Church – Azle, TX
Ash Creek needed a new audio, video, and lighting system to keep up with the ever-growing youth ministry of their church. In addition, they wanted a more permanent home for the contemporary service that had been meeting in the fellowship hall, so they needed a system that was flexible enough to host two completely different services every week. Focused on implementing the most state of the art equipment and design they could fit within a realistic budget, the church wanted to make sure this new facility would be future-proof and would provide the largest “WOW” factor possible. From the entryway, through the classrooms and on into the worship space, A/V/L technology was strategically recommended and installed. With many hours of on-site, email and phone consulting, Church Audio Video designed, installed and then trained church volunteers to get the most out of their new system. We also assisted in the design and installation of the campus-wide telephone and IT networks to connect the existing and new facilities.
- Audio: Yamaha M7CL-48 digital mixing console, TOA HX-5 variable-array speakers, custom-built subwoofers, Bag End subwoofers, BSS BLU-100 processor, Aviom personal monitor mixing system, QSC amplifiers, Sony wireless microphones, Middle Atlantic racks and cable management, and Radial DIs.
- Video: Digital Projection E-Vision Series edge-blended projectors, custom Da-Lite screen, Analog Way DiVentix II video processor and edge blender, Contemporary Research Q-Mod modulation system (for distribution to TVs in other areas), ProPresenter worship software with iMac.
- Lighting: ETC Ion console, ETC Unison Paradym dimming, ETCNet DMX-over-ethernet Distribution, ETC Source 4 fixtures, Chauvet LED fixtures.
- Owner-Provided Equipment installed by Church Audio Video: Apple MacMini’s for classroom computers and servers, LG televisions for classrooms and lobby, Roland TD-20 Series V-Drums, Cisco 300 Series managed switches, Cisco UC560 phone system, Cisco small business wireless access points, Cisco 300 and 500 series phones, WatchGuard router and access control manager.
The Life Church – Dallas, TX
The Life Church had a number of unique desires and goals for both their new building and their new audio, video, and lighting systems. A high degree of versatility was required in order to accommodate a combination of traditional instruments (choir, organ, baby grand piano) and contemporary sound sources (electronic keyboard, bass guitar and drums), volunteers with different levels of experience, and a congregation of all ages. The new sanctuary, which seats around 350 with room to grow, has a traditional feel, so the aesthetic aspect was as important as the practical.
- Audio: Roland V-Mixing & digital snake system, Roland personal monitoring, TOA HX-5 variable-array speakers, Bag End low-profile subwoofers, QSC & TOA amplification, BSS London sound processing / assembly mixing, Crown, Heil, & Shure wired & wireless microphones, Sennheiser wireless in-ear monitors & drum mics, Tascam CD recorder & player, Radial DIs, and RDL interfaces.
- Video: Boxlight projectors, SongShow Plus presentation software, Kramer switching, QVS baluns, and Tascam DVD player.
- Lighting: NSI/Leviton & Lightronics control, Chauvet & American DJ LED fixtures, Lightronics & American DJ traditional fixtures, and Lightronics dimming.
- Musical Instruments: Yamaha acoustic drums with Paiste cymbals and Clearsonic drumshield.
Eastern Heights Church – Cleburne, TX
Eastern Heights is a church focused on creating an outward reaching ministry and bringing the hurting and disenfranchised back into a healthy community. We have been working with them on this project for over 5 years, having provided them with equipment for their former worship space. The system has evolved over time and is the most capable and versatile audio, video and lighting system we have installed to date. The room seats around 800, and continued growth of their congregation has necessitated the addition of a second service. Aside from regular worship, the sanctuary is ideally suited for hosting touring musical groups, dramatic performances and youth events.
- Audio: Roland V-Mixing & digital snake system, Roland personal monitoring, dB Technologies T4 line array speakers, Community subwoofers, QSC amplification, Shure ULX Professional wireless microphones, Sennheiser wireless in-ear monitors, Sennheiser Heil, & CAD wired mics, Radial DIs, Tascam CD, ElectroVoice DSP, SurgeX power protection, and custom switching & sequencing.
- Video: Boxlight projector, Draper screen, SongShow Plus presentation software, Kramer & TVOne switching, Panasonic & Canon cameras, Terra Digital computing, Blackmagic Design video capture, and Intellix video distribution.
- Lighting: Leprecon console, Lightronics dimming, Lightronics & Elation traditional fixtures, Chauvet LED & effects lighting, and Lightronics architectural control.
- Musical Instruments: Yamaha drums and keyboard.
Ready to get started?
Contact us Today!
Note: On-site service is limited to the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area.
If your facility is located outside the Metroplex, reduced travel rates will be negotiated.